[Server-devel] [UKids] Need recomendation on School Server for orphanage in Colombia

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Jul 5 20:37:13 EDT 2014

Priceless summaries Tim & Mike-  We'll be having a detailed
Internet-in-a-Box (IIAB) call 10AM NYC Time this coming Thurs July 10th,
particularly for deployment imlementers/designers/learning teams to voice
their veritable needs, articulating feedback from the Bottom Billion now
that IIAB and similar have been deployed for many semesters.

We're all trying hard to understand better how these 3 overlapping "offline
digital library" products can now co-evolve, embrace, extend:

   1. nimble RACHEL can provide "entry-level" solid-state / mobile
   knowledge hotspots
   2. IIAB "mid-range" digital libraries
   3. eGranary providing multi-terabyte "Cadillac" digital libraries for
   the wealthiest schools.

IIAB designers/maintainers will be on the call to listen, reflect and
explain what might or might not be possible in 2014 -- please add to our
shared Agenda here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6QtzLb6e58YKWqMf_junux2XyBRLFm31un8YLcYslg

*Thanks & see y'all then !*