[Server-devel] Cubox Solidrun Prototype Packaging

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 09:48:43 EST 2014

What's the best strategy long term? The cubox has all its connectors on one
face. Most of these need to be available to the outside. We can open the
cubox and solder a esata connector that comes out the back. Picture is at
http://imx.solid-run.com/wiki/index.php?title=CuBox-i_Hardware.

Or we can try to project the essential stuff from the cubox mounted
internally, and not really accessible from the outside.  The second item
ending in 231 looks like it has pigtails to project the usb to the outside.
 We'd need to do the same for the internal ethernet adapter. This approach
still leaves the hdmi, and console usb that might need to be available
occasionally.

So maybe in the long run, we need something intermediate between the two
Jon has suggested, so that when it is necessary, we can get a hand into the
box to make insert the hdmi or console cables.

 I'm in favor with going with number ..231 this time around.