[Server-devel] 10AM NYC Time: XS(CE) Thurs Community Call

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Jan 2 01:59:34 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> Seems some people forgot to take a Christmas/New Year/Etc break and we
> have an awful lot to talk about January 2nd, whether or not Cubox + XSCE
> 0.5 + Internet-in-a-Box will be sold at every Walmart in Haiti for $99, but
> perhaps not before Thursday arrives :-)
>
> See you then, 10AM NYC Time this Thursday!  DIY Agenda:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6QtzLb6e58YKWqMf_junux2XyBRLFm31un8YLcYslg
>
> Send your skype username or phone number if you can join us in the new
> year, thanks so much-

Newcomers most welcome in the new year -- see you in 8 hrs @ 10AM NYC Time.
Plz add to/tweak this DRAFT agenda using the link above:

   1.

   XSCE 0.5
   1.

      status beyond RC 1:
      http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2013-December/007031.html
      2.

      what HW/VM “support” is wanted on right-side of
      http://schoolserver.org ?
      3.

      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Community_Edition/0.5 site/announcement
      evolving?
      2.

   Internet-in-a-Box integration:
   1.

      Braddock’s IIAB 0.5.7 driving questions:
      http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2013-December/007056.html
      2.

      mDNS built into http://wiki.laptop.org/go/HaitiOS etc?  XSCE
      “appliance” mode?

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2013-December/007059.html

   1.

      Anna’s struggle; Tim’s success; Curt/George's imminent
      tale-of-the-tape?
      1.

   Cubox/Dell/XO-4/Trim-Slice “battling” for Haiti dominance (odd but true!)
   1.

      George’s comprehensive update
      2.

      Tim’s Wifi progress considering Village Telco & others
      3.

      Curt’s QA?
      2.

   Nepal Sugar Journal Backups - data extraction script by Martin Dluhos:
   1.

      https://github.com/martasd/xo-stats
      2.

      https://github.com/martasd/xo-stats/blob/master/README.md
      3.

      Stats visualization -- which ones?
      1.

         Desktop: SOFA, LibreOffice Calc
         2.

         Online services: Datawrapper, Many Eyes, Google Charts, Google
         Fusion Tables
         3.

         Javascript frameworks: InfoVIS, HighCharts, D3.js
         4.

      Comparison to Leotis Buchanan’s work in Jamaica?
      5.

      Comparison to http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Harvest ?
      3.

   Collaboration betw Sugar (especially) activities:
   1.

      XS Pedagogy reality check -- Where exactly are we helping?
      2.

      What can we improve?  For teachers too?
      3.

      What efforts need to be highlighted better for an XS(CE) Learning
      Community to take root?

      --
      Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !