[Server-devel] XSCE on Cubox

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 22:56:11 EDT 2014

We're making small steps. Tim took Jon's kernel work, and added in a root
file system, and zipped a 4Gb image.  I picked that up, and installed XSCE
5.0 (mostly successfully), and rezipped, and posted that up at
http://download.unleashkids.org/xsce/downloads/.

There is the beginnings of documentation for an install at
https://github.com/georgejhunt/xsce/blob/cubox/docs/CUBOX.rst.

I'm aware that not very many Cubox are available (Solidrun will deliver
more in the middle of May).-- but the quad core 2 GB memory hardware is
somewhat snappier that an XO4. (it gets to a login prompt in 17 seconds
running on an SD card). I'm looking forward to running off of a sata hard
disk.