[Server-devel] Squid caching on the XSCE AND AP's

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Sat Sep 14 22:08:17 EDT 2013

Unless there are clients that are going though the router but are not going
through the schoolserver, I think this risks more harm than good.

Going back to the microprocessor analogy, the Level 2 cache usually is much
larger than the Level 1 cache, and only slightly slower.  Most community
routers using USB sticks will be much slower than a schoolserver, and will
not have the RAM to cache anywhere close to the same number of files in
memory as the schoolserver, or the storage space of a hard drive.