[Server-devel] [XSCE] School Server Special Interest Group at OLPC-SF

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Fri Sep 6 00:26:25 EDT 2013

Great,

I have been thinking of two parallel themes for how school servers can
add value to the conference.

Dogfooding/Demo. School server developers from various projects could
dogfood their work at the conference by providing network connectivity
for all participants.... via their server. This will provide an
interesting feedback loop about what works and what else is needed.
Plus it could be fun for everyone.

Deployment feedback. The idea here would be to have a set of talks by
deployments about how school servers add value to their projects and
what else school servers can do to make their lives easier. The less
time deployments have to worry about technical stuff like school
servers, the more time they have to think about the educational side
of the project:)

>From there we can have a talk about how the various people and
organizations involved in school server projects can work together (if
possible) to meet the needs of deployments.

Finally, we can shift to work mode to design and implement solutions
identified by dogfooding and deployment feedback.