[Server-devel] Server-devel Digest, Vol 78, Issue 28

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Thu Oct 24 13:31:48 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Tony Anderson <tony at olenepal.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked at the Compulab website and the Trim-slice H is no longer offered.
> All
> links to Trim-slice now go to Utilite. I was only able to find one vendor in
> the UK
> which offered the Trim-slice for 208 pounds.
>
> I suspect that the Trim-slice has gone out of production.

Yes, that is the situation.

> Perhaps, David Farning can check this out. Maybe we could work a deal to buy
> remaining inventory.

I'll give it a shot. These guys are pretty lean :)

I also suggest contacting public forum at
http://www.utilite-computer.com/forum/ They are trying hard to build a
reputation of being hacker friendly.

This round we we not able to promise enough unit sales for them to
adjust their priorities to include a SATA connection for rotating
drives. I'll nudge again in January to see if they can do a hardware
update some time in the first quarter of 2014.

--
David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com