[Server-devel] Question: http-poll ejabberd module

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 23:23:55 EDT 2013

I'm wondering about the particulars for the http-poll ejabberd module.
 Does anyone have any clarification on that?

The reason I'm asking, I did a lot of research on http-poll and http-bind
while I was working up the MUCkl instructions and everything I read
indicated that http-poll is mostly deprecated in favor of http-bind.

The http-poll ejabberd module is enabled on the XS 0.6 and XSCE by default,
is there any particular functionality that requires http-poll?  Something
in the presence service maybe?

Anna