[Server-devel] [XSCE] End User Documentation / Basic Setup Guide / How to upload PDFs etc

Miguel González migonzalvar at activitycentral.com
Wed Nov 20 12:41:44 EST 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

(Snipped)

> A couple of notes on the *installation* of Pathagar, where we do have
> a bunch of problems:
>
> 1) The *current* version of Pathagar is borked. I haven't gone back to
> see where it fails or how, but there should be a prior version that
> works. There is also a version (patch) that apparently fixes the book
> edit and upload problem. I have not tested it. I hope someone else can
> take a look?
>
> https://github.com/PathagarBooks/pathagar/issues

I'm the one who send this pull request. We are testing this patch and
other changes also while trying to integrate pathagar book server in
XSCE 0.5 release.

The details are in 2 pull request in XSCE github repo [1].

> 2) There seem to be multiple deployment approaches. We have PIP, RPM,
> fabric, and the good old way of installing and configuring by hand
> (which is what I follow, because I haven't had the time to test the
> other methods). At the OLPC SF Summit, Jerry told me that they have
> the RPM part addressed, but the current bug (cannot add/edit books)
> gets in the way.

We are using ansible to deploy pathagar. Ansible uses a YAML playbook
and I think it's possible to follow it even if you are not familiar
with the tool [2].

Currently I get pathagar source code from a personal cloned repository
that includes some patches over the current upstream master branch
[3].

> Hopefully the latest patch can address these things.

As I said, I have more patched waiting to send upstream. Later, I'll
send more details but just to the pathagar mail list.

1: https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/pull/47 and https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/pull/74

2: https://github.com/migonzalvar/xsce/blob/fa8292/roles/pathagar/tasks/main.yml

3: https://github.com/migonzalvar/pathagar/tree/xsce-devel

--