[Server-devel] 1TB drive of quality open content on XO/XS--won't boot

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 15 06:18:56 EDT 2013

Thanks, I was able to reproduce the symptom by following your
guidance.

The XO-4 recognises the partition type of 7, and decides to use an
NTFS driver, but we have no driver, and we are not likely to write one
at this stage.

I have not yet found a way to solve the problem for the next release,
but I have tested a couple of workarounds;

1.  configuring the laptop to not look at the USB drive first,

    ok add-tag BD int:\boot\olpc.fth

2.  moving the bootable flag to the Linux partition after the NTFS
    partition, when there are two partitions.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/