[Server-devel] My Observations and experiences with XSCE 0.2.1

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Mar 21 14:33:12 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:30 AM,  <tkkang at nurturingasia.com> wrote:

> I used the testing repo. Installation, registration and access went well on my XO 1.75.

Interesting.  So I wonder whats up with my setup.  I'm slightly
different in that I'm not using a AP rather I have a USB network
adapter in the client XO and I'm connecting directly to the USB
adapter on the XS.  The network functions fine it just won't register.
 Same setup works if I connect to a 0.7 XS and if I nmap the 0.7 XS I
see that port 8080 is open.

On the client XO please install nmap "sudo yum -y install nmap" and
then "sudo nmap schoolserver" (assuming you took the default domain)
and post the results.  I'm curious if you have something on 8080.

--
Richard A. Smith
One Laptop per Child