[Server-devel] Schoolserver 0.7 installation: ejabberd & testing

tkkang at nurturingasia.com tkkang at nurturingasia.com
Fri Mar 8 01:17:09 EST 2013

I am installed the latest 0.7 schoolserver and testing it with XO 1.75 loaded with 13.1.0 (with latest build 35). I did the necessary xs-setup (reboot) & xs-setup-network (reboot). Register 2 XO and auto login was OK for Moodle via wireless access.

On my XO I type olpc-netstatus. Telepathy: salut but Jabber is blank

On my newly XS I type:  ejabberdctl connectedusers but I UNABLE to check who is login in but an error in the ejabberd error log:

ERROR REPORT

E (<0.36.0): ejabbed_configL 551): Error reading Mnesia data spool files
........   ejabber needs read & write access in the directory /var/lib/ejabberd/spool

Maybe the problenm is a change in the comouter hostname or a change in Erlange node name   .... bla bla

Is this normal as I am not getting information on XO login unlike when I install the XSCE on my XO!

When I type /usr/bin/ds-backup.sh I get a return prompt instantnously. Again is this expected.

In short how do I know if I really have a XS with backup, ejebbard,etc running with the 0.7 schoolserver?

Thanks and advice appreciated

---
T.K. Kang