[Server-devel] XS Community Edition: XO 1.75 installtion

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 11:14:03 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM, <tkkang at nurturingasia.com> wrote:

> I followed the procedures here (
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/0.2/Hacking#Installing)
> and manage get to the part where I was advice to take a coffee break
> (ejjaberd starting, etc).
>
> After a long wait I get the following info:
>
> systemctl start ejabberd-xs-service
> Job failed. See system journal and 'systemctl status' for detail

I always get that message about ejabberd failing to start during the
installation process.  It times out, then the installation process moves on.

Did the install continue after you got that message?  It should have done
some other stuff, then after another little while, it should have told you
to reboot.

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham