[Server-devel] yum groupinstall

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 31 21:22:02 EDT 2013

Hi All,

While helping someone install XS-0.7 on a pre-existing install using the
instructions "Installing on top of existing OS installation"[1]. After
installing the release rpm the next step results in:

root at localhost Test_XS]# yum groupinstall "OLPC XS"
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
epel/metalink                                            |  14 kB
00:00
 * base: centos.tcpdiag.net
 * epel: mirror.pnl.gov
 * extras: centos.tcpdiag.net
 * updates: centos.mirrors.hoobly.com
epel                                                     | 4.2 kB
00:00
epel/primary_db                                          | 4.5 MB
00:01
olpcxs                                                   | 1.9 kB
00:00
olpcxs/primary_db                                        |  29 kB
00:00
Setting up Group Process
Checking for new repos for mirrors
epel/group_gz                                            | 237 kB
00:00
Warning: Group OLPC XS does not exist.
No packages in any requested group available to install or update

What I think may of occurred is when a rpm was updated on June 5 in the
repo, createrepo wasn't called with -g to use the group definition, so
the group no longer exists. I believe this to be true as the date on
repodata/comps.xml [2] was not updated like the rest of the files
in /repodata

Jerry

1. http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=XS_Installing_Software_0.7/
2. http://dev.laptop.org/xs/repos/stable/olpc/xs-0.7/i386/repodata/