[Server-devel] XSCE Sprint day 4.

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Thu Jul 11 19:00:18 EDT 2013

A brief update.

George and Jerry made progress getting IIaB to run on the XSCE. It is
running, but needs some clean up. Braddock has been a great help.
-- Thanks Braddock

Santi and Ruben have been testing the new hardware which arrived
yesterday. Ubuntu 12.04 runs out of the box. They are trying Fedora 18
to stay consistent with the rest of the XSCE project.
-- Thanks  Santi and Ruben

Tony Anderson of Nepal, Rwanda, and Lesotho fame has set up
http://www.karmalearning.com/learn/ to share a subset of the content
they have created.
We are making progress laying out a road map on how to work more
closely. This is exciting.
-- Thanks Tony

If everything works out, we will try to do as much of the development
communication on server-devel. This will help us learn and demonstrate
how two existing projects can find point of common interest and
collaborate our those common interests without getting too wrapped up
in the differences.

It is all about the plugin design. If you like a service, turn it on.
If you don't like it, don't install it. But we will frown on people
telling other that they shouldn't or can't implement a plugin.
-- Thanks to everyone who is comeing together to help the project
gather the momentue necessary for continued growth.

For those folks who want to watch and participate a status page is
available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1blFrHtvl6RaMH37-DhznphaEG9bfWZv4b-wSyhS9vDM/edit

--
David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com