[Server-devel] Community Schoolserver Sprint Video Wrapup: Saturday 10AM NYC Time!

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jul 10 22:29:10 EDT 2013

This intensive weeklong "XSCE" sprint (School Server Community Edition) is
bringing great accomplishments around http://Internet-in-a-Box.org and
Pathagar (http://olpcsf.org/node/126), from those here in Manitoba, Canada
and the many participating remotely.  Including one celebrated volunteer
contributor who flew all the way out here without even telling us of his
birthday today!  OK, as we conclude in just over 48hrs, we invite all to
our open video hangout-on-air, bringing your
implementers/educators/volunteers' *live video questions 10AM NYC Time,
this Saturday July 13*, starting right here:

   http://youtube.com/unleashkids

O dear, yes it's true, support requests coming into Facebook already ;)
EG. "xsce -- does it allow internet access from XO?"  I'm really NOT in
love w/ FB, but those who can, plz support curious/DIY/ground-up
pioneers/educators questions here!

   http://facebook.com/unleashkids

Bonus this'll help make implementers and educators' documentation
increasingly precise, off of the real documentation Anna Schoolfield &
others are starting to crank out @ http://schoolserver.org.  Those not
comfortable with live video, please Tweet your school server questions
using hashtag #unleashkids -- or simply write to contact at unleashkids.org.
And the daily techie recap of course:

   http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2013-July/006542.html

http://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6QtzLb6e58YKWqMf_junux2XyBRLFm31un8YLcYslg

Most important, thanks to the unsung heroes all for your insanely hard work
pulling this together this evolving design (Tony Anderson etc) and
community product!  Last but not least producer Mike Lee for his *biweekly
video interviews of the extraordinary unheralded work across the OLPC/Sugar
world -- including Ian Thomson & Nick Doiron our South Pacific guest
speakers coming Mon July 22nd, 6PM NYC Time, as well as Rita+Bert
Freudenberg presenting the full history and future of Etoys on Mon Aug 19*.

Sneak Preview: our 1st Latin American presentation of Mon Aug 5 will be
announced soon @ http://twitter.com/unleashkids =)