[Server-devel] XSCE sprint update day 0 and day 1

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Tue Jul 9 08:43:34 EDT 2013

We are safely locked away in cabin in Gimli, Manitoba (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli,_Manitoba )

We have been going through a couple days of reflection. Sometimes
painful, but always useful. It feels like many of the big technical
pieces are coming together. Now, we are in that awkward adolescence
phase, more than an idea... by less than a product. We are 80% done...
with 80% left to go :)

We are talking about where we should go and what we need to do.
Navigating the fog of uncertainty.

Through all this I am still pretty confident:
1. George is advocating for what he needs in Haiti. - A full turnkey
system from power to wireless. A typical micro-deployment.
2. Jerry is advocating for what he needs in Australia. - Thousands of
laptops in 100s of schools which are 1000s of kilometers apart.
3. I am advocating for I think the ecosystem needs in a server
appliance. Inexpensive, low power, easily maintainable, sane defaults
yet configurable.
4. Adam is advocating for the big picture needs of olpc....

Please join us on this mailing list or IRC #schoolserver to advocate
for your deployment or use case. If it feels like your voice is not
being heard, patches and clearly define customers specification will
have greater effect than all caps  :)

--
David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com