[Server-devel] Hardware for Schoolservers (EDIT)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 05:42:17 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM, German Ruiz <germanrs at opensuse.org.ni> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> Sorry, last message was sent without finish.
>
> Just asking if anyone here knows about fanless server in the field, in any
> country, i was looking at the wiki[1], and the only information about
> hardware from this vendors [2][3], is in Afghanistan.
>
> We want to buy a few servers from this companies, to use in Nicaragua, but
> first i want to make sure that this ones works very good.
>
> Any suggestions?

I've always found the Fit-PC computers quite good as fanless lowpower
computers. The fit-pc 1 actually has the same processor as the
original XO-1

The Fit-PC 2i has 2x Gb ethernet and is low power. They even have AMD
and and Intel core i7 devices with usb3 and dual ethernet as well.

http://www.fit-pc.com/