[Server-devel] a kernel for our solidrun protos?

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 10:45:12 EST 2013

George,

Start out running the u-boot and kernel that Rabeeh has provided, that is
based on the current "stable" kernel sources provided by Freescale.  I have
a 3.10 based kernel that is more performant but I have not run it on the i4
hardware yet.  Getting a baseline on the standard we can then better
diagnose bugs or performance issues one way or the other with the new
kernel.  For the second partition feel free to untar the F18 armhfp base
image.  Changing the kernel command line can be done using a uEnv.txt file
on the first partition of the SDHC port.  If we need anything more advanced
I can write a u-boot boot script, or custom u-boot to handle loading
things.  We may want a "fallback" kernel or something similar.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Jon