[Server-devel] [support-gang] XSCE Test machines.

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Sat Aug 31 20:24:09 EDT 2013

Personally I don't want to commit OLPC to anything, but we definitely have
lots of XOs, as well as networks which could potentially isolate a way in.

Load testing also is not new to me since I used to work with network
firewalls and servers.

However the office I am at and the offices historically in Massachusetts
have highly utilized 2.4 GHz network environments.  You therefore will be
at the mercy of whatever our neighbors are doing.

Have you considered virtualizing your test setup?  It shouldn't be too hard
to setup a bunch of Fedora VMs with simulated network delays, or even have
one Fedora VM with several unique Sugar users.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM, David Farning <dfarning at activitycentral.com