[Server-devel] Questions for today

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Aug 12 03:51:55 EDT 2013

I like Sugar Network, because the problem of content sharing is
examined from a top down design perspective, including the constraint
that internet connectivity might not be available, or it may be
intermittent.

On the other hand, the two School Server projects (XS and XSCE) seem
to be bottom up designs; here's a Linux server, now how can we use it?

Haiti, for example, might benefit from a community-run Sugar Network
Internet Server node [1], with an instance of the Sugar Network
Gateway Server software [2] on each XSCE, and the appropriate Sugar
Network additions to the laptops [3] [4].

If it works according to the design, it might greatly simplify setup
of each XSCE and content.  I have not tested it myself.