[Server-devel] Root fs on XO1

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Aug 9 18:07:41 EDT 2013

Just to clarify a comment that James made:

On XO-1, the qualification of the SD card interface was done by Quanta.
They seemed to think it worked fine.   When I started doing extensive
testing of SD cards in preparation for using them in XO-1.5, I discovered
that some XO-1s did not have a reliable SD card interface.    Bit error
rates aren't high (maybe an error every few days when continuously
exercising the card), but unacceptable from my point of view.

So as James said, it might work for you, but not work so well on an
arbitrary XO-1.

On later XO models, I personally tested the SD interface(s) with a
wide variety of SD cards to avoid repeating the same mistake.

Regards,
wad