[Server-devel] Post XS-0.7 plans

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Nov 13 16:24:44 EST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Tim Moody <timmoody at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Can you tell me what plans there are for the XS beyond version 0.7 and who
> would be undertaking them.

Based on recent discussions at the OLPC community summit in San
Francisco, it looks like the next version of the XS will be developed
by George Hunt and Jerry Vonau and their collaborators. I think their
plans are to continue moving in the direction that allows the XS to be
more modular, and to additionally support the ARM hardware platform.

I believe they still have some issues to solve caused from fallout
with the move to Fedora 17, and then the work will need to be posted
as patches for a technical review on this mailing list.

Thanks
Daniel