[Server-devel] xs-otp tarball pkg?

rihoward1 rihoward1 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:28:06 EDT 2012

George,
Apologies for top posting but easier with this pocket computer.

A bit of coincidence I was going to email Daniel Drake this evening regarding a few XS related items as a follow up to the last olpc-sf meeting discussion of XS and vagaries of the git tree..

I have been working on porting XS to arm for a while.
The main problem in the past was the earlier versions of fedora for arm did not have sufficient packages to fully support the  XS. it did provide me with opportunity to prove that arm was capable of running the important components. Fortunately f17 will provide all the bits needed to make progress.with this.

Fedora 17 in of itself is quite different from centos as centos is based on f13.
F17 for arm has not yet reached beta and is a moving target.

I am not quite sure what you mean by Trimslice native compiler as that is not a meaningful architecture description for a compiler.
Use fed pkg means just that typically.

I need to get back to work.  Watch for my follow up email.

Regards,

Robert

p.s.rememeber to come to olpc-sf community summit 2012