[Server-devel] xs-otp tarball pkg?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:06:49 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've finally got my arm compiler verified, and booted my first ARM kernel
on an XO (using a Trimslice native compiler and fedora 17).

So now I'm trying to repackage all the XS packages for ARM. I don't know
enough to interpret the cryptic comment in the changelog of the xs-otp git
repository at https://dev.laptop.org/git/users/martin/xs-otp/ "- use
fedpkg".  I've googled for a fedora package with "xs-otp" unsuccessfully.
When git only includes the spec file, is there a conventional place to look
for the source tarball?

For most of the packages, I've taken the easy way out, and used DDrake's
source rpms at http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xsrepos/stable/olpc/xs-0.7/source/as
a basis for my arm rebuilds.

 But I'm wondering what diff's there might be with the git directories,
and/or if I should be trying to reconcile his builds with what's at
https://dev.laptop.org/git/.

George