[Server-devel] oatslite under RHEL/CentOS x86_64

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:32:52 EDT 2012

We just had some fun debugging of oatslite on CentOS 6.2 x86_64. A
quick note of warning in case someone else is mad or foolish enough to
try it too :-)

The short version of it is: bitfrost is currently broken on 64 bits.

This is what an XS based on CentOS x86_64 needs to run oatslite:

 - latest bitfrost.i686 (from an XO repo)
 - python.i686
 - an extracted python2.6 binary from python.i686 -- I used
rpmdev-extract and installed the binary as /usr/bin/python2.6-i686

Using python2.6-i686, oatslite now signs the messages correctly.

The root cause seems to be a problem in the Pyrex bindings to
libtomcrypt / TomsFastMath. Maybe ctypes would be better here.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com