[Server-devel] WvDial, Networking Issues in XS 0.6/0.7

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 18 21:42:37 EDT 2012

Martin is basically right that you are trying to use the internet to install
the internet.  yum can't get the rpms because it has no internet access.

this might help figure out the actual rpms needed.  it lists some of the
rpms required and one gotcha where the usb device can look like a thumb
drive as well as a modem.

http://www.drupaler.co.uk/blog/installing-3g-usb-modems-linux/497

you don't say whose 3G device it is.  does it come with any drivers?

once you have the rpms identified, download them using a machine in a
location that has internet connection, copy them onto a usb drive, and copy
them onto the XS.  you can install them from the XS's drive.

If you have 3G access, you could try an Android phone and its local wifi
hotspot.  Perhaps an XO could access the internet with that.