[Server-devel] ARM on XS -- how can I integrate my work?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:26:28 EDT 2012

Thanks Daniel for the reality check.  I often seem to get caught up in
wanting to learn about something without seeing the larger context.

I was looking at the function per watt, and not seeing the
development/testing/support costs involved in adding another distribution.

In retrospect, I was also ignoring another fact, that the fitpci has a dual
core atom processor that draws 7 watts just like the ARM Trimslice -- ARM
is not really necessary to achieve low power school serving.

All is not lost however, I enjoyed learning about ARM, and packaging rpms
-- skills I may find useful.

George