[Server-devel] Wireless connectivity issues at Kasiisi w/ new server

Brian Ghidinelli brian at pukkasoft.com
Wed Aug 8 04:04:13 EDT 2012

Hi all, apologies as I think this is a bit off topic but I'm trying to
get the new server discussed recently up and running at Kasiisi and am
hoping I can tap you for some help.  I'm not sure of another place with
as much expertise and I'm only here for another 24 hours.

I have done a lot of debugging and have narrowed down to the wireless
network as their primary culprit.  They have 3 Linksys WAP54G APs and I
cannot get an XO to connect to any of them.  I've tried resetting them
to the factory defaults, reconfiguring them, leaving some of them as-is.
  I can connect to two of them from my ipad and laptop but I'm getting
an autoconf IP (169.254.x.x).  Even using iwconfig and ifconfig manually
I can't get the XO to associate with any of the 3 APs.

I've tried a lot of the debugging on the wiki and at face value it looks
like the APs are bad or are not handing out IP addresses but having all
3 go bad in the same way seems extremely unlikely.

Any ideas?

Brian