[Server-devel] http://fedora.laptop.org/ Site Down

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 18 11:32:13 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 05:46 -0500, HALL,Brian C wrote:
> Good Day,
>
> I recently installed an XS server(OLPC-School-Server-0.6-i386.iso) and as  I was trying to do an update I got the error "repomod not found" I thought it was the proxy but when I tried to access the site at home iam was still unable to access the http://fedora.laptop.org/ site. It seems to be down.
>

> The issue is that iam trying to install the following
>

> 1) OpenVPN
> 2)Munin
> 3)IP Traf
>
> Do you know where I can get these packages without doing the yum install openvpn and so forth? If so is there an easy way to install them; especially openvpn.

None of those rpms are XS specific, you can grab them from any Fedora F9
repo.For a list of mirrors:
https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-9&arch=i386
Open the file with gedit and pick the closest mirror.

You can disable the olpc repos with --disablerepo=olpc*.
Your yum command would look like:

yum --disablerepo=olpc* install OpenVPN

rpm will install the rpms offline.

Jerry