[Server-devel] ejabberd eats up 100% cpu time when it should be idle

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed May 11 19:06:34 EDT 2011

Context:

<bernie> alsroot: beam on jita is eating up cputime :-(((
<bernie> alsroot: are we already running the latest version with all the patches? martin_xsa says he has fixed some bugs in the fedora 14 rpm.
<alsroot> bernie: yup, this is fedora packages. also ejabberd /var is being recreated to the initial state every day
<bernie> alsroot: we should tell this to martin_xsa
<alsroot> bernie: thats why I was for something else for school server
<bernie> alsroot: me too... my experience with ejabberd has been terrible so far. but let's ask martin first... he seems confident that it can be made to behave well.
<bernie> alsroot: i'll forward this conversation to him

This is ejabberd-2.1.6-4.fc14.x86_64 from Feb 24 2011. Is there a newer release, perhaps?

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team