[Server-devel] Notes on Flashing the NAND over the LAN

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jan 16 22:43:59 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 09:22:19PM -0600, Anna wrote:
> I'm not familiar enough with Apache to know what to edit as far as the
> maximum request duration.  Any tips there?

I think I found evidence in Apache logs of a timeout, so I changed this.

I don't know about the Apache version used on the XS, but on a desktop
here the edit was in /etc/apache2/mods-available/reqtimeout.conf and
changed

RequestReadTimeout header=20-40,minrate=500
RequestReadTimeout body=10,minrate=500

RequestReadTimeout header=20-40,minrate=50
RequestReadTimeout body=20,minrate=50

(This has consequences for a server available to the general public,
since denial of service attacks become slightly easier.  But on a local
server your risk will be lower.)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/