[Server-devel] Notes on Flashing the NAND over the LAN

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 22:22:19 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 8:49 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> Yes, the XO-1.5 firmware attempts NANDblaster.  However, you might
> override this by attempting fs-update over HTTP:
>
>        ok fs-update http:\\server\os860-4g.zd
>
> I've just tried this here, and the green boxes cease on about the second
> line.  I remember I had to increase the maximum request duration on
> Apache last time I tested it.
>  <http://quozl.linux.org.au/>

I only got about 3/4 of one green line before it pooped out.

fs-update http:\\172.18.0.1\os860-4g.zd

After many, many minutes it complains about "Short read of zdata file"

And then "WARNING: The file specified 29489 chunks but wrote only 280
chunks"

I'm not familiar enough with Apache to know what to edit as far as the
maximum request duration.  Any tips there?

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham