[Server-devel] IP Address Pools for XOs, known clients, and unknown clients on XS 0.6

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 22:36:40 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:50 PM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:

> The best iptables hack like this I've seen routed "extraneous"
> connections through a transparent web proxy which flipped
> all images (swapped left and right).
>
> Cheers,
> wad

That does look fun, but I went with the kitten thing instead of messing with
the XS's Squid proxy.  This is my "test XS," after all, and I didn't want to
break that functionality.

>> And because I'm ticked off, and inspired by
> >> http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html it's time for
> >> some fun with iptables.

That's probably the hack you're thinking of.

Tonight I just remembered that because my squid cache was full of ick due to
that thoughtless neighbor, I should probably scrub it out:

/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/TURN_SQUID_OFF
rm -rf /library/cache
/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/TURN_SQUID_ON

And now it's virginal again, so to speak.

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham