[Server-devel] wwwoffle?

Dan Zubey dzubey at openincident.com
Fri Feb 18 20:39:04 EST 2011

Okay, I have an initial cut of the script, and it works well on my
laptop. Can I pass this along to someone to test? How should I publish it?

I do not have an active xs environment to test it on due to some
hardware failures here, but I'm working on that, and I'd appreciate
input so I can fix any bugs.

> Well, squid is pretty quirky, I am trying to replace it, and some of
> the possible replacements are quirky too (but in much better ways!)
> :-)
>
> If detecting the connectivity situation and switching is hard for you
> right now, don't do that part. Let your stuff just be init script +
> configs.
>
> cheers,

What I did with the script (and I can write more documentation somewhere
else as well) is to create an init-type script that starts and stops the
wwwoffled daemon and squid as appropriate, as well as starting a
separate "daemon" process that runs on the system in the background,
tracks the system's online status, and signals wwwoffled to go online or
offline as needed.

Regards,

-Dan Zubey