[Server-devel] Observations and question about http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Software_Repositories

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 12:06:22 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM, rihoward1 at gmail.com
<rihoward1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would make more sense for me to base this effort on F11 XS code even if it is experimental.  This will help find hardware dependencies in the code.

The only "binary" package IIRC is ejabberd-xs. And given that it's
"compiled" against Erlang, it may well be portable bytecode.

There are also "pyo" files which should be portable across
platform/cpu (but not across Python version).

> Is this the location you are referring to for the F11 XS http://fedora.laptop.org/xs/testing/olpc/11/source/SOURCES/ ?

That'll have tarballs. You are looking for the git repos, which are
all under http://dev.laptop.org/git/

> I know in the earlier versions of XS software there were a number of places that the arch was hard coded to an X86 variants.

Help cleaning up bogus explicit arch welcome :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com