[Server-devel] How to configure XS with only one Ethernet port

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Wed Oct 27 23:46:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

I got lucky with this. The first USB-Ethernet device I tried worked straight away with no config changes. I ran xs-swapnics and that worked. So I have my main inbuilt NIC for LAN and an option USB interface for WAN. Great.

There is one warning message that comes up on boot to do with the USB device

Kaweth: failed to set RX mode : -16

Do you know if that's something I should worry about?

David Leeming
Solomon Islands Rural Link