[Server-devel] Schools Wikipedia

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:17:57 EDT 2010

Chris... thanks,

> Hi,
>
>> I'm getting confused on this. I followed the 4 steps Chris
>> outlined and was able to access Wikipedia using Browse at
>> schoolserver:4567. The overall browser activity seemed to slow
>> down, and I could not figure out how to stop the python server
>> and regain control short of rebooting.
>
> You can stop the python server with the usual Unix process techniques;
> control-C in the terminal where it's running, or ps awux followed by
> kill.
>
> The wikipedia server shouldn't slow down the browser, since there
> isn't any computation being done on the browser (other than rendering
> the received HTML from the server).

I'm getting 100s of messages on the server when an XO browses to a new
link on the Wikipedia site. They fly by so fast it is hard to read, but some
start with "Debug:" and the latter ones that are still on the screen say
things like:

	"line 302 column 6 - Warning: trimming empty <p>"

Is this normal?

I will do some testing to see if there is a significant speed difference with
the Wikipedia server running.