[Server-devel] Populating the Moodle db with users

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 12:48:55 EST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 3:29 AM, Ben T <benjtran at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking at writing some Selenium tests and JMeter tests to run against

Cool! Do search in moodle.org for selenium & jmeter, there are
discussions on the topic and someone may have posted scripts or useful
tips.

> Under XS > Administration > Users >
> Accounts, I can add new users.

Yes - you only need that to add users different from the registered
ones. There is an option to upload a CSV file with user info if you
want.

>  I want to populate the Moodle db with a list
> of users, preferrably by directly inserting them into the database (would
> that be identity.db?).  In /home/idmgr/test, I found a 'local-register'
> script that populated the db with a list of users.

Use that only if you are testing with XOs or SoaS. For Moodle load
testing, skip this part and just use the CSV upload. The docs in the
"?" icons are good, for a more "how to" writeups
http://docs.moodle.org has good documentation on how to use it.

Let us know how it fares! Ideally, with different hardware for the XS...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com