[Server-devel] Populating the Moodle db with users

Ben T benjtran at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 03:29:52 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm looking at writing some Selenium tests and JMeter tests to run against
the School Server.  (If you know of existing tests, please let me know.)

I have the XS running on a machine that is connected to a switch.  Then I
enabled the admin account via the 'adminuser-enable.php' script and logged
in to Moodle from a non-XO computer.  Under XS > Administration > Users >
Accounts, I can add new users.  I want to populate the Moodle db with a list
of users, preferrably by directly inserting them into the database (would
that be identity.db?).  In /home/idmgr/test, I found a 'local-register'
script that populated the db with a list of users.  This list of users show
up when I browse all users via the admin account.  I'm guessing this is
similar, if not exactly, what I want.  What would be the password for each
of these user though?  Ideally, I would like to do a 'for' loop to create
logins/passwords like the following:   user1/password1, user2/password2,
user3/password3 ....

Please advise.  Thanks!
-Ben