[Server-devel] xs-config's networking layout

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 24 05:44:58 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 18:44 +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> On 24 July 2010 08:53, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> > Hi Martin & List:
> >
> > I was looking a the xs-config package, I was thinking the next course of
> > action is to split out the AA hardware support into an optional
> > sub-package, along with it's supporting networking files, that frees us
> > to change things around a little bit. With that in mind, I was thinking
> > that if the AA support could now be optional, then the single/duel
> > interfaces could be made optional as well by packaging a base single
> > interface serving up the services as one rpm package and a second rpm
> > package that could configure the internet access on the WAN for the xs's
> > LAN.
>
> For the sake of clarity, by AA you mean Active Antenna, correct?

Yes, that is correct, other than a few prototypes, as far as I know
there are no installations that are really using them, and this would be
the first step in breaking out that support with an eye on dropping that
support in the future. Too bad, what a neat idea. If it turns out that
the support is needed, then it would be an optional package to install.

Jerry