[Server-devel] Creating Moodle administrators

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Mon Jul 19 18:30:28 EDT 2010

My question is whether the initial laptop to be registered on an XS has full
administrator rights? I am finding it difficult to delete courses. Should I
be able to do so? Moodle documentation states that only Administrators - not
Course Creators - can delete courses. However, as  one can use the first XO
to upgrade other users to Course Creators, that would imply that the first
laptop is indeed an administrator. So where should I find the "delete
course" function?

We were hoping to create master images of our configured servers for a
multiple school project. But as far as I see it, we need to use a registered
admin XO to configure Moodle in the first place. Is it possible to remove
this after configuring Moodle, so that we can make clones which will then
accept the next laptop as their "admin" user?

David Leeming