[Server-devel] Offline update

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 18 20:29:56 EDT 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:37:34 +1000
> From: "David Leeming" <david at leeming-consulting.com>
> Subject: Re: [Server-devel] Offline update
> To: "'Martin Langhoff'" <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>
> Cc: 'XS Devel' <server-devel at lists.laptop.org>
>
> Good, Martin
>
> Is it possible to download the updates from a Windows machine?

I hit a small gotcha when building an install server from rpms that I
downloaded to windows xp sp2 that some file names got truncated.  But I had
no problem when the files were tars or gzips on windows and I unpacked them
on linux.  I moved them to linux with wget from an apache server on windows,
but your approach with a usb drive should be the same.