[Server-devel] How to access site files quickly?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Jul 5 03:55:39 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 11:15 PM, David Leeming
<david at leeming-consulting.com> wrote:
> Hello Sameer
>
> We need to do this in bulk. How do we copy/transfer files to the "Site
> Files" in bulk. In our case, a workshop produced many files uploaded. It is
> not practicable to have to download it all individually. We also need to be
> able to upload to Moodle in bulk. In the meantime we continue to use public
> folders as a less attractive alternative outside of Moodle.
>
> David Leeming

Hi David,

My understanding is that bulk upload is typically discouraged because
each upload needs to have at least one context (context of a course,
assignment, etc) whereas a bulk upload simply throws all files into a
folder. Having said that, here's what I found.
http://www.moodleblog.org/?p=178 Both the video and the comment on
this page points to the same caution of bulk upload. Maybe Martin can
point to something better?

cheers,
Sameer