[Server-devel] We need: examples of XS hardware in use --

Reuben K. Caron reuben at laptop.org
Wed Jan 13 10:27:28 EST 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 7:43 AM, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> List, David, Reuben,
>
> We are getting increasing enquiries "what hardware can we use for an
> XS in a school with N laptops?", and frankly the
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Recommended_Hardware is a bit slim on
> concrete recommendations.
>
> So I need your help -- I've added some info in the "hardware known to
> work" section, but I'd like David to put more info on the exact model
> of MSI Wind he's using, additional hardware, number of laptops
> supported, and any extra notes.
>
> Similarly, Reuben, I need more info on what hw the OLPCCorps crowd
> is using.

OLPC purchased 30  machines for OLPCorps with the following specs from
Logic Supply. These units are supporting anywhere between 30-100 XOs.
So far the only bug report we have heard was the corrupted mnesia
database

SolidLogic Fanless Mini-ITX System
   -Mainboard: EPIA LN10000EG 1 GHz and HP7
   -Case: Serener GS-L02 Fanless Mini-ITX Case - Black
   -Memory: 1GB DDR2 667 RAM
   -HDD Standard: 160GB 3.5" Seagate SATA 7200rpm
   -Power Switch: None - Unit will be set to Auto-Power-On