[Server-devel] Nonstatic static address

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 03:34:51 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:53 AM,  <rayb at apc.edu.ph> wrote:
>> NETWORK=10.106.1.0 is that network shared with the XO's?
> It shouldn't be, come to think of it.

Ray,

XS has 2 NICS,

 - the "WAN" or "external network": are you using wlan0 for this?

 - the wired connection to the AP - I expect you are using eth0, right?

If you are using wlan0, see

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Techniques_and_Configuration#Using_a_different_WAN_connection

>> > I should mention that I did a groupinstall of "X Window System" and then installed mc, firefox and fluxbox, might that have pulled in some package that is affecting networking?
>> >
>> That could be bad.... can you check if NetworkManager is running?
>> ps -A | grep Network
> [rayb at schoolserver ~]$ ps -A | grep Network
>  2755 ?        00:00:00 NetworkManager

That's a bit nasty. Make sure it is disabled as a service via
chkconfig, and that it doesn't start after a reboot.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com