[Server-devel] Managing presence across multiple groups

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 09:51:33 EST 2010

Hi David,

hope everyone in Solomon Islands is well in this new year. The news of
the earthquake have been rather worrying.

Now, about your question -- unfortunately we don't have a good control for this.

You can experiment hiding the courses if you want, and ejabberd may
(or may not) remove the presence info related to that course... and
the XOs may or may not realize that ejabberd has removed that info.

And then you need to remember to re-enable all at the end of the school day.

This feature was not designed to be used like you describe, and so I
don't think it will work at all.

Instead, I will keep this use case in mind (and you should feel free
to talk with the Sugar developers about it) in the context of "better
presence / groups" interoperation, and the ability to mark a group as
"current focus", so somehow members of that group are prioritized or
highlighted in the presence view (without removing everyone else!).

Sorry can't help more on this.