[Server-devel] XS on ASUS Eee PC Network Driver Missing

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:56:15 EST 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 1:20 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 12:44 -0500, Andra DuPont wrote:
>> I'm installing XS 0.6 on an ASUS Eee PC with an Atheros AR8132 Network Chipset
>> which is not supported on the current XS distribution.
>>
>> There are linux drivers for this hardware, but I need help on determining which
>> driver distribution to download, and how to install it.
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with drivers?
>
> I had the same problem with an Eee Box. I made some notes here
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Samoa#Wireless_Drivers about installing
> the latest drivers from linuxwireless.org

Tom,
I saw your post earlier when I was researching this, but your hardware is different,
and it seems to indicate that you were updating the wireless adaptor, not the wired
ethernet adaptor. I thought that was strange, because I don't usually use my wireless
on an XS.

The text in your post seems to indicate that your problem was actually with the
wired adaptor (looking at the previous section on upgrade the XS software).

Did your update from linuxwireless fix the wired adaptor?