[Server-devel] XS on ASUS Netbook - Display Problem

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:12:40 EST 2010

Martin,
Looking at some Fedora sites, I see where there are many post of problems with the Eee PC
and backlighting. Based on what I read, I decided to update the BIOS, and although it didn't fix the
problem completely, the screen now has about 10% brightness, so I can actually read it if the room
is not too bright.

some people have reported a fix in fedora that uses grub kernel options:

	acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor

I will try putting these in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file.

Is this the right place? Any suggestions?

Andy