[Server-devel] XS on ASUS Netbook - Display Problem

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:43:47 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Andra DuPont <andradupont at gmail.com> wrote:
> So apparently one of the drivers that is installed is conflicting with the screen brightness.

Your analysis seems 100% correct.

I'd suggest -

 - run lsmod, it'll tell you what modules are being loaded - one of
them will be controlling your video card -- for example an i915 card
loads intel_agp, drm and i915

 - name those modules in /etc/modules/blacklist.conf so they don't get loaded

but I agree with you, it's very strange that you need to go through this dance.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com